June 2016 -- Changelog

6/30/2016

Config changes

• Testing out Expanding Links
    • Please post feedback there if you run into issues. If we like it and it gets used a lot, I will keep it enabled.
    • Turned this off due to page load times
    • Back on for real now. Trying a service instead of self hosting. May end up costing money, but you guys are worth it :wink:
  • Fixed an issue causing mixed content to be displayed when it shouldn’t be
    • This means more green lock icons in the URL bar!

6/29/2016

Category changes

Config Changes

• Doubled server RAM to make it perform better and hopefully throw less 504 errors

6/28/2016

Config Changes

• Changed the nginx “client_max_body_size” value to 20M
    • This should help with the errors uploading images. I think nginx (the webserver) was preventing these large files from being processed.
    • As always, let me know if there are issues.

6/27/2016

Added the following categories

• General Discussion

Config Changes

• Made ShiftySatchmo global moderator.
    • I will look into adding more in the future, but for now I think Andrew and I can handle it. I’ve also known him nearly 10 years now, so I know he won’t do anything tooooo crazy.
  • Disabled custom home pages. It was mostly just breaking things for users.
  • At 6 PM Pacific, Moving DNS Servers
    • This move is complete
    • Enabled DNSSEC as well for additional security on the domain (prevents MITM attacks)

6/26/2016

Config Changes

• Made Alex moderator of the Gamer Challenge sections

6/25/2016

Config Changes

• Changed image upload limit to 8192 KiB. Images will still be resized, but that should maybe help.
    • Side note on this, you can copy paste images into the composer as well. That triggers an auto upload to imgur.

To Do List

• Add ranks (just need to decide on ranks)
  • Add an event calendar (plugin is being reworked, so no ETA on this)
  • Twitch.TV widgets (going to see how this looks, don’t want to be too obtrusive)
  • More info around peoples avatars (maybe hover actions?)
  • Make people moderators (like we need those!)
  • Watch for explosions on the server

Ummm, I love you?

I woke up a bit early to do some stuff today. I will dig more into the plugins tomorrow!

Mmm yeah moderate me. I mean make me a moderator. Someone has to keep Katsuo in check!

ShiftySatchmo Why do I have a feeling that you are jelly because I love Gekky-chan more than you? You shall not be moderated!

1 Like

Well I think the original members should get a special icon or something to show off. :smiley:

1 Like

Ub6 You get a special one if you send me $38 remember?

2 Likes

Does the home page not work for anyone else? I get a red box saying not found click here to return to home page. So I click and it brings me back to the same “Not Found” page.

MyLifeForAiur in settings change the home page from custom to categories

1 Like

Hey guys I figured it out. All I had to do was go into settings and change Homepage from custom to categories!! I’m so smart :wink:

1 Like

Also thanks to ShiftySatchmo for being the true hero here! It turns out my previous post was a lie. He had told me what I needed to do and I took credit for it! I completely understand if you guys feel you can no longer trust me. But believe me I will do my darndest to win back your trust.

Updated today with new categories.

1 Like

Go go moderator Andrew.

1 Like

Grundlewagons

1 Like

teh_g time to delete all of the things!

I can’t wait to not update this daily :dagger:

6/28/2016

Config Changes

• This should help with the errors uploading images. I think nginx (the webserver) was preventing these large files from being processed.
2 Likes

teh_g so lazy :sleeping:

ShiftySatchmo You know me so well.

1 Like

teh_g said in Changelog:

I can’t wait to not update this daily :dagger:

6/28/2016

Config Changes

I just uploaded a screenshot from my phone so I think it’s fixed.

3 Likes

gord0 Yesssssss. Glad I fixed it!

2 Likes