Katsuo - September Gamer Challenge

Ayyy I beat a game this month. It’s Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune on PS4. Pretty good game with interesting story and terrible gun play. If you have a PS4, this game is a must-play. I’ll rate it 8/10. The gun play and the treasure system is pretty crappy. Everything else is pretty good. Since it’s on PS4 and I’m too damn lazy to post the screenshots, I won’t give you any pics. Here’s this instead:

0_1506013104533_123123.PNG

Thank you ShiftySatchmo for the collection <3

Imagine playing it 10 years ago when it was first released. The graphics, story, everything was incredible…

3 Likes

The gunplay improves a lot as the series goes on

It does not. Stick to scoped weapons whenever available.

Stick with keyboard and mouse, pc master race ftw.

sYnCroSis I would probably still complain about the gunplay 10 years ago. I simply don’t like it. They could’ve done it a bit more Gears of War-ish. You know, the cover thing and all that.
ShiftySatchmo I hope so.
gord0 the only scoped weapon in the first Uncharted was the Dragon Sniper or whatever it was called. And it was super rare to find. Quite powerful weapon but the 5 bullets limit kinda sucks.

katsuo said in Katsuo - September Gamer Challenge:

sYnCroSis I would probably still complain about the gunplay 10 years ago. I simply don’t like it. They could’ve done it a bit more Gears of War-ish. You know, the cover thing and all that.
ShiftySatchmo I hope so.
gord0 the only scoped weapon in the first Uncharted was the Dragon Sniper or whatever it was called. And it was super rare to find. Quite powerful weapon but the 5 bullets limit kinda sucks.

Cover system is implemented at some point in the series. Later games have sniper rifles more often and a scoped pistol.

buttstallion said in Katsuo - September Gamer Challenge:

Stick with keyboard and mouse, pc master race ftw.

I don’t think any of us would complain if kb+mouse was an option… though I’d be switching back and forth on the fly like I did in gta5. Kb+mouse for gunplay, gamepad for everything else.

1 Like

gord0 I am just awfully bad with a gamepad and I want to hide that with some trolling in a Katsuo topic.

I don’t mind playing games like Uncharted with gamepad. But I would definitely go for keyboard/mouse combo if it was any FPS game. Other genres, I prefer playing with gamepad. On couch. With beer next to me.

Cover system was in part 1. Press circle near cover. You know this bc cover is required to beat the last boss.

1 Like

syncrosis Yeah but it was kinda crappy. I hated how you couldn’t move much when in cover. Gears of war did that much better. But still, these are little things that I don’t really care. Game is still pretty damn awesome.

1 Like

katsuo said in Katsuo - September Gamer Challenge:

syncrosis Yeah but it was kinda crappy. I hated how you couldn’t move much when in cover. Gears of war did that much better. But still, these are little things that I don’t really care. Game is still pretty damn awesome.

It changes how it works from game to game. Or at least it eventually does. The first 3 games are a blurr in my memory.

gord0 They add the cool melee from cover stuff later

syncrosis Later as in the second game or later as in Uncharted 4 that I don’t own? xd

katsuo Part 2 onwards. You can hang on cliffs and pull guys over etc too. Part 2 is probably my favorite game of all time… so yeah… enjoy. It’s a monumental leap over 1

3 Likes

syncrosis +1

1 Like

Keep an eye on the prices for 4 and it’s standalone dlc. Both are also awesome and you jump from “ps3 remastered” to “intended for ps4” in the graphics department.

2 Likes

gord0 I beat lost legacy recently and it was indeed awesome. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

2 Likes

gord0 I found Uncharted 4 for 25 euros used. So I’ll get that one next time I go to Germany. As for the lost legacy thing…I’ll wait a year for that one. 40 euros is too much.

1 Like