Middle Earth: Shadow of War

I gave up on Desolation because it’s a perma death rogue like. Can’t be assed with that kind of stupid. In an alternate universe where it wasn’t a gift, and it was cheaper to get just the one dlc, I would have. And this game is done. Main game and first dlc are recommended. The 2nd dlc is not.

NEXT!

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it overall

1 Like

Speaking of this game, it’s super cheap on humble right now. Less than it was on steam by a solid amount. $12-ish for the base game and $17-ish for the game with dlc.

1 Like

The first dlc is worth the extra money.

Currently on Xbox Game Pass & Game Pass PC!

The game is fantastic

1 Like

Downloaded it its the Standard Edition but got it for my PC with my Game Pass loving it so far!

Great game, reached the epilogue Shadow War…but do I really have to win 10 siege battles to see the true ending? Sounds grindy af even without the loot boxes. Doing it either way. :smiley:

2 Likes

And that’s the reason why I lowered the final score for this game.

The true ending is that he found the one piece

Yup, everyone’s annoyance. I loved the 99% glitch

2 Likes

So when I play I should skip the epilogue and watch the ending on YouTube?

Yes, skip it. I am losing my hair and 2 fortresses. I was winning, the main 60+ lvl orc remained, they had “no chance” skills, died both times, lost both fortresses. Fortunately attacking is way easier so I recaptured them and now reaching Shadow War Stage 4 but damn it is grindy. If you don’t have all the fortresses’ upgrades maxed out with 45-50 lvl orc warchiefs when reaching the epilogue, skip it.

I am 98% now, let’s see :smiley:

Looks like they fixed the epilogue in a patch, because what I found on the internet about it, it was 10 stages:

• Cirith Ungol
  • Núrnen
  • Seregost
  • Gorgoroth
  • Cirith Ungol and Núrnen
  • Seregost and Gorgoroth
  • Núrnen and Seregost
  • Núrnen, Cirith Ungol, and Gorgoroth
  • Cirith Ungol, Seregost, and Gorgoroth
  • All four.

Now I only had 4 stages before the true ending:

• Cirith Ungol
  • Núrnen
  • Seregost
  • Núrnen, Cirith Ungol and Gorgoroth

So your choice @ShiftySatchmo not as long as before but still if you lose a siege you have to win it back so it could easily be 8 battles if you are a noob :smiley:

Oh cool. So how are they planning to give me my time back when I did 10?

2 Likes

It was meant to be grindy according to the devs to reflect on Talion’s endless, desperate war on Sauron. They nerfed the epilogue in a 2018 July patch because players hated it.

You are richer with the experience, cherish it :smiley:

Xoxo

1 Like

Finished it, awesome game, I am really into the lord of the rings world and lore right now, watched all movies, hobbits and all and now looking for decent books. Very well made game. I know it was an awful cashgrab with the loot boxes but I only bought it after they revomed it. Base game is long, huge, interesting story, first dlc as well. The second one with Berenor is a bit wierd with the rogue like gameplay and without a ring of power but decent enough to finish it once, I won’t chase a better score. Overall great game, impoved the first game and made it better and bigger. Highly recommended.

1 Like