NVIDIA RTX 3000 series

Shouldā€™ve done for all cards.

They postponed it to the day after AMD announces RX 6000 cards. I think it is more marketing move, than technical.

Totally. Especially now that their cards are crashing. Whoopsā€¦shouldnā€™t have said that.

Eh, I will stick to this RX 580 longerā€¦ even if I went RTX 3k Series at this point, the issues are thereā€¦ and we know Big Naviā€™s Drivers are gonna have issues at the start anyhowā€¦ mise well stay stable for now atleast.

Friends donā€™t let friends use amd cards. Anything nvidia is better than what you have. This is coming from someone whoā€™s first nvidia card was a 1080. I got sick of amd just always sucking. Until radeon pulls off a ryzen, you should never buy them.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that is quite true. AMD hits the best price per performance ratio. If you have infinite money, Nvidia can give you better performance, but AMD wins in the mid-range hands down.

1 Like

I donā€™t do sub-high-end anymore. AMD also is really lacking in the driver and special feature department. 70% of the ā€œfeaturesā€ in their control panel donā€™t do fuck all 98% of the time. Force vsync in nvidia control panel. It works. Do it in amd control panel, crickets. I would argue that rtx, dlss, dsr, and working check boxes make nvidia the better bang for the buckā€¦as all of thier bangs, actually bang.

1 Like

Meh, not really having issues with my 2080ti at the moment.

1 Like

Nvidia isnā€™t thaaaaaaaaat expensive haha.

Yeah, 1060 and up out performs an rx580. Heck maybe even 1050ti or 970. Given a 3070 goes toe to toe with a 2080ti for 400, I donā€™t think price is a problem anymoreā€¦that and the 3060 and below arenā€™t even announced yet. Radeon needs to make their control panel actually work 100% and start competing in the high end before Iā€™ll even consider them for a future purchaseā€¦and Linus and Jay both have to have their minds blown.

I have no issues with the control panel, so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

They might have fixed it or removed the non-functional options since I was rocking Fury Xs, but in all my years of ati/amd cards itā€™s always been only half functional. I remember so many games where the solution to the problem was turning off vsync in game and forcing it via control panel, it never worked until I went over to team green. The vsync thing is just one example.

RTX 3070 costs > 1000 usd here right now. Crazy

Thereā€™s no point in buying anything in the 3000 series until the supply is steady.

1 Like

Meh. Iā€™d rather throw rotten vegetables at the people that buy from the scalpers more than the scalpers. :potato: :apple: :melon:

1 Like

Same.