PC Issue.

Ok, so I have a question. I currently own a ASUS B450 ROG Strix, Ryzen 7 1800x, 16gb DDR4 3000 cl15… my power supply is a 650w Seasonic Semi Modular 80+ Gold and my GPU is MSI RX 470 8gb Gaming X. Untill recently it worked great, suddenly im freezing 2-3 times a day when gaming. Could my GPU or PSU be going? I have tried changing drivers and nothing has helped. I was having some heating issues with my GPU at one point untill I added in some extra cooling options… during such time I did have some freeze problems as well from things. I ran /sfc scannow found no issues there either…
I did have some issues with my GPU back on the FX 8320/MSI 970 Gaming Mobo as well at times with similar problems.

Oh and my bios are up to date as well.

MSI RX 470 8gb Gaming X
ROG Strix B450 Gaming-F
Ryzen 7 1800x
Seasonic 80+ Gold 650w Semi Modular
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3000 CL15

Did you overclock anything?

I have tested this with Overclocking & No overclocking… both ways this has continued to happen… Right now im not overclocked at all and just had to reboot about a hour ago.

So I talked to several people including some people on the AMD Official Discord who says the issues sound like my graphics card. I am holding off on my PS4 Pro till Feb and getting a graphics card incase it is my GPU dying. Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ perhaps.

Well, of course they said it’s the GPU. They just baited you to buy another of their GPUs. Very nice lol

It can be the HDD/SSD. Maybe it’s faulted.

If possible get an nvidia gpu. I was using amd my whole pc using life up until the r9 fury x…then amd stopped making high end cards. Then I went nvidia and I’m not going back for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Same as @gord0 but AMD is still great for CPU. Also, gsync is the besssst.

1 Like

RTX 2060 Super or RTX 2070? I will have a look at them and prices have had many tell me to go with the 5700 XT but willing to give Nvidia a shot.

Whichever benchmarks better. Don’t go with AMD until they start going toe to toe with nvidia again. In the same way they started going toe to toe with intel again.

1 Like

Alright just have to wait till payday but if this sale stays on I found a MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z for $399 on Amazon Prime.

I thought the same thing at first about the HDD/SSD but after running checks on them most of the morning they keep coming back clean.

On the bright side, even if the problem wasn’t the vid card, you’ll have a better vid card lol.

1 Like

Right? My current RX 470 8gb Gaming X has been nice but yea. lol

It will destroy your current card

I just looked at a comparison and the division 2 at 1080p ultra the 2070 gets 50 fps over the 470, for example.

1 Like

Update: After testing hard drives, testing with and without overclocks or undervolts…I came to what maybe a conclusion on the problem. To much overclock/undervolt because I noted a few bad settings in my overclock that was causing some stability issues while testing. I been running with no overclock, no undervolt, only the core precision boost and XMP turned on for a day now no issues… going to give it a few more days like this to see if im right… @Katsuo gave me the idea with his question so I did more testing… I believe it could be to much undervolt is the cause.

Yeah, step one should always be to roll back what changed. Undervolt and/or overclock is always a possible cause for any kind of graphics issue.

Was it just the cpu overclocked/undervolted? Or cpu too?

Just the Processor cause I could never get the GPU to overclock and stay stable have always just ran it at stock.

You should probly still get that vid card lol

2 Likes