PC Issue.

If my funds don’t stack up payday… and I can’t get a 2060 Super or 2070… is a 1660 Super/1660 Ti or Regular 2060 worth it?

Just wait and get something worth getting.

2 Likes

Yeah, something like rtx 2080 :thinking:

1 Like

2080ti***

Yea no, 2080 and 2080 Ti are way far from my reach…Even I have to put my footdown on my spending some where lol. 2070 and 2060 Super are on sale right now for $399 so thats the closest thing I am shooting for as long as they stay in stock.

After getting my check paying my bills and then a discussion with @teh_g cause I was short on getting a 2070/2060 Super. I have pulled the trigger and ordered a new graphics card. I managed to get this card for $330 and it will be here friday.

Shoulda went 1660ti.

You couldn’t wait to save $70 to get a card that’s way better? (2070 is $399). Also…you didn’t wait for black Friday or Cyber Monday? You’re insane

Black Friday sales have already started. I know they are 399 and I won’t have more money to afford anything for a couple months cause of bills and such over the next few months this was my ONLY chance for awhile.

The 2070 Super isn’t better in every game. It swaps blows in both 1440p and 1080p with the “older” drivers. They’ve added additional performance gains since then.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14618/the-amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-rx-5700-review

Nvidia is better in ways beyond performance, like reliability and gsync.

1 Like

Freesync is just as good as far as I know. Reliability isn’t an Nvidia thing, the PCB manufacturer is the one that sets reliability standards.

Gsync Monitors are expensive, and my current Tv/Monitor doesnt support Freesync or Gsync anyhow. I only play at 1080p.

Nvidia has all those shady proprietary things that hurt AMD performance too weeeeeeee

1 Like

Don’t mind the desk was working on cleaning when it arrived.

Haha how does @teh_g feel about xfx?

This is after Vbios where loaded with MorePowerTools & A overclock to 2010 / 900 with 1199v

I realized I basically dislike all manufacturers. It is a lesser of evils type thing, barring how randomly evga is awesome for Nvidia cards.

Actually I had a terrible experience with EVGA and their support long ago and never went back. I’ve had the best luck with Gigabyte.

I have no loyalty. Benchmarks, price, go.