Shadow of the Tomb Raider

God of War PS4 is one of the best games I’ve ever played

My next game! Playing on hard mode. Looks very fun!

Edit by Geran:
While I love the dankest of memes. Lets keep this thread civil as well.

1 Like

Tiny little bit disappointed with the game. But I still like it.

What didn’t you like about it?

The story and the gunplay is exactly the same as in previous TR games. I expected something different (or something more) in SOTR.
As our friend Kha’Zix says…

It’s still fun to play, though. I like the dark version of Lara in the second part of the game. Need more of that.

How’s the mud feature. Does it make you Arnold in Predator?

I don’t know what the problem is. I have a 6600k and a msi 1070 with 16gb ram, but it is not running smoooth.

With dx12: Decent framerate with frequent texture bugs and horrible screen tearing but above 60 fps at 1080p
With dx11: Almost 20% less fps, nowhere near 60, screen tearing is okay and textures fixed.

When I bought the 1070 my naive thought was i can run almost everything max at 1080p for a couple of years but even with dx12 it is nowhere near max, medium and high mixed settings. Can slow 2400 Mhz ram cause this or is it the 6600k or my expectations were too high? :smiley:

Odd, seems like it should be fine.

1 Like

Can you post an image of the benchmark results? It’ll show if the CPU is the problem.

1 Like

Time for an upgrade

2 Likes

Idk what was wrong when I first ran the benchmarks. But the dx12 texture glitches remained, so I have to run it dx11 or I might get a seizure. And by the way the benchmark is lying because in a normal situation ingame is dipping into 40s and rarely reaching 70. But at least it is on higher settings than before.

DX11:

DX12:

1 Like

The CPU is holding you back, fellow. If the GPU Bound percentage is below 100% it basically means getting a better CPU will result in better frames.

Not planning to updatee anytime soon so I need to try this working and adjust my expectations :smiley: Well bummer, time flies, like it was only yesterday I bought that fresh new 6600k…4 years ago.

1 Like

It seems weird. I wonder if something else is affecting your CPU

+0,5 Ghz overclock gave 2 fps avarage both in dx11 and dx12.

And the texture glitch also happens during the benchmark with dx12 :smiley:

I just started this. Awesome graphics at ultra 4k with my 3090. First game I’ve played since I got it that made it worth getting.

1 Like

I need a “previously on tomb raider” I have no idea what’s going on haha. Who is trinity again? Bad guys after artifacts. I guess it doesn’t matter

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahahahahha

1 Like

Think of them as worse then the Illuminati, who want to be immortal pretty damn much… and will do anything they have to even destroy everything to get it. Atleast thats how I seen them.

it was a joooooke