Steam / Valve news

I don’t think this is a sale. This is like a virtual E3, since they can’t have E3.

The sale is the first week in July/end of June.

1 Like

Reminds me of 2003 and the HL2 leak. Though, obviously these are old builds of games that already are out. But still. Time flies.

1 Like

" Update: Valve says it has reviewed the code in question—which comes from CS:GO, but includes very old pieces of Team Fortress 2—and does not consider it dangerous."

" Update 2 (1 am ET, April 23): Valve has now also addressed the leak as it pertains to Team Fortress 2, with a series of tweets relating a similar message: It will continue to investigate, but has “not found any reason for TF2 players to be alarmed or avoid the current builds.”

1 Like
1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: 2020 Steam Summer Sale

Experiment 008: Play Next joins Steam Library

Earlier this year, Experiment 008: Play Next entered the Steam Labs for testing. Using machine learning to make informed suggestions, the feature is designed to help users with extensive libraries decide which of their games to play next.

Based on positive feedback from customers, Play Next has proved successful enough to graduate from the Lab. With today’s Steam Client update, that functionality is now integrated into the Steam Library.

Users who have unplayed (or very low playtime) games in their library, will now have a Play Next shelf available in the library view.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/

2 Likes

This is actually pretty cool, I think

I like the Xbox version better. At least it has animations when you press the button weeeee

It’s not applicable to me and my system of buying/playing games.

1 Like

My play next shelf is all things I want to play but don’t have the time to. It seems to work well.

Steam’s own cloud service is in beta now

Apparently this is on pc now:

It was on epic for ove a year lol

That would explain not hearing about it.

That’s weird. It was pretty big news actually. All 3 of their games were on epic. I purchased all 3 of them for like 15-20 bucks because you get the coupon every time you purchase something on Epic.

Maybe I didn’t commit it to memory because I already beat it on ps4.

1 Like
1 Like

Interesting. I wonder what kind of deal they negotiated with Valve for that.

They probably realized taking 100% of the pie on origin was less money than 70% of it on steam.

1 Like