Steam / Valve news

162ed712714a75ae6cbd087c2391a6db65146a69_hq

2 Likes
1 Like

I can’t be bothered to click. I’m sure youtube will tell me all about it whether I want to hear it or not.

How did GTAV or DayZ win anything, those were from before 2019…

5 Likes

The GTAV one was labor of love, which was specifically an older game, that keeps getting updates. So that one makes sense, at least.

no idea on DayZ though!

2 Likes

The 2020 Lunar New Year Sale has begun, and the Emperor’s Great Race is on! Save on thousands of games now 'til January 27th @ 10am PST.

1 Like

Planned updates in 2020:

• Data Deep Dives - We’ve seen a lot of analysis from third parties that have taken a stab at figuring out how games are doing on Steam (and overall health of the platform), based on the limited amount of data that is publicly available. Since we have access to more data, we thought it would be useful to do our own analysis and share the results as a multi-part series of blog posts.
  • Soundtracks - We’re adding new functionality to better support gaming soundtracks.
  • Steam Trust - Trust (the tech behind Trust Factor Matchmaking in CS:GO) shipped in a closed beta to several partners last year and is being rolled out to all partners later this year.
  • Steam PC Café Program - Launched in an open beta last year to over 8 thousand sites, we’re working on bringing the program to schools and libraries, along with the expected Cybercafés, PC Bangs, VR Arcades, etc.
  • Steam Labs - More top secret experiments are actively being tinkered with, and we’re planning on graduating some of these features so that they are available to everyone.
  • SteamVR - The team is hard at work on SteamVR 2.0, which will feature a number of customer experience improvements.
  • Top Lists - We’re taking what we learned from the top lists posted in Steam News this past year to develop new store destinations designed to display compelling trending content to customers.
  • Steam Mobile App - The mobile app is getting a refresh to add more login types and help users secure their accounts.
  • Sale Events - Building on features that first shipped in the 2019 Lunar New Year sale, we’re exploring more ways to reward users for participating in sale events throughout the year.
2 Likes

I hope Steam VR 2.0 doesn’t have the glitch it does now. Says I have over 400hrs in steamVR when all I do in it is launch games.

I think steam VR is always running in the background while you are playing VR so that’s why it’s crazy.

2 Likes

Yeah, SteamVR has to be running for you to be playing a game in VR. So just look at it as; that’s your total VR hours across all games. Same goes for anything like fpsVR running in the background. I haven’t stared at my fpsVR for 50+ hours, but it has been running during gaming sessions for that long.

1 Like

Yeah my issue is that if I don’t go into task manager and end process on steamVR, then it just keeps running even after I’m done with VR. It’s constantly at the top of my recently played on steam, and my profile constantly has my recent play time at 50+ hours even though I’ve only been playing roughly an hour or so a day. Only started doing this since the new steam library update. According to the steam discussion pages it was a known issue during the beta for the library update as well, was just never fixed. Weird part is it’s running in the background. Steam is logging the playtime hours but it doesn’t say I’m playing steamVR.

1 Like

Me toooo

Ah. I have WMR, so it has its own “home” so I always exit out of SteamVR in-headset when I’m done with a game to get back to that other home… To shut down that…

Introducing Steam Labs Experiment 008: Play Next! :microscope:

Got a bunch of unplayed games in your Steam library, unsure what to play next? :thinking:

Let the Interactive Recommender system help you choose by predicting which of your games you’ll enjoy the most!

Find more details about how this experiment works on our blog:

3 Likes

I’d rather just have the option to re-sell games. That way valve and devs can get more money every time a license is resold. Every unplayed/barely played game in my library is only there because I couldn’t return it.

1 Like

I checked it out. The 3 games they threw up there were Life is Strange, Lara Croft (The first game of the reboot), and Fallout New Vegas. The first two are games I should probably actually play. Fallout New Vegas is a game I’ve already put hundreds of hours in back on the xbox 360.

So they were correct that you’d like it!

1 Like

Yeah it seems to work.

huh. I just tried it, and for me it recommended Xcom2, Rise of the Tomb Radier, and Shadows of Mordor.

The first two are actually ones I would play in a hearbeat if/when I had the time. The third is certainly also in my list of things I’d like.

So yeah, it does seem to work!

1 Like