What do we think about this monitor?

I think it only has 60 hz XD

MeFFFlenn said in What do we think about this monitor?:

I think it only has 60 hz XD

Find me a 4k monitor over 60hz?

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Hmmm about a 1440p screen and use VSR/DSR for that 4k look :wink:

MeFFFlenn VSR doesnā€™t really do anything haha.

ShiftySatchmo Well on the Team Green it works, but then i also do not need more then 60hz :wink:
But 4k with 120 hz should not be years away too, maybe you should simply wait 1-2 years.

MeFFFlenn like I could run 4k games at 120 fps anyway haha. VSR functions just fine on AMD, but honestly it seems like something to use for testing vs actually making an aesthetic difference. Your pc tricking itself into running at a higher resolution isnā€™t going to change the actual resolution of your monitor. Awesome marketing though!

1 Like

Anyhoo, the main difference is TN vs IPS. Then thereā€™s the viewsonic just looks cooler, which I know Katsuo says is important. But is all of that worth $150-200 more?

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo itĀ“s Downscale resolution so the picture gets rendered in 2k or 4k, but downscaled onto your native screen resolution = sharper picture (same with every higher resolution) and if you screen is 120/144 hz you get that with the look of 2k or 4k. canĀ“t really see a difference to a genuine 2k or 4k screen. Test it out maybe.

MeFFFlenn Itā€™s Sharper, but the number of pixels did not increase. You can definitely see a difference on a real 4k screen! I think you are kidding yourself.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo you count the pixels on a screen?! XD

MeFFFlenn you can see the pixels on a large monitor. Basically VSR is just adding anti aliasing. Just turn your AA up all of the way haha.

ShiftySatchmo on a 4k screen the pixels are smaller by factor of 4 in comparison to a similar 1080p screen. Yet i do have my problem with seeing single ones if they all work on either resoltion. Maybe because a 1080p screen has a total of 2.073.600 pixels or about 86k on a square inch :wink:

MeFFFlenn have you seen a game on a 4k monitor? I mean if I wasnā€™t going to get 4k I would try to argue against it too so Iā€™d feel better :wink:

ShiftySatchmo ViewSonic has 3 years warranty. The Samsung you want has only 1 year warranty. And VS looks cooler. And VS is Energy Star certified. And if Iā€™m not wrong, VS is fully adjustable. If I were you, I would go for VS even if itā€™s $100 more expensive. Sacrifice few games you wanted to buy for that ViewSonic!

2 Likes

Katsuo yeah I agree <3

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo The only thing where Samsung is better is the response time. 1ms compared to 5ms on ViewSonic. But in my opinion, response time is completely useless if you arenā€™t a professional CSGO player XD

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I have seen both and i canĀ“t really tell a differenceā€¦ i am sorry.

1 Like

MeFFFlenn really?! Well, I guess youā€™ll save money haha.

1 Like

Katsuo said in What do we think about this monitor?:

ShiftySatchmo The only thing where Samsung is better is the response time. 1ms compared to 5ms on ViewSonic. But in my opinion, response time is completely useless if you arenā€™t a professional CSGO player XD

Response time impacts ghosting and under 8ms is fine. Input lag is the thing you want low low low. Neither is a problem to worry about on a decent monitor these days.

1 Like

Katsuo also, thatā€™s TN vs IPS for ya.