F1 2018 season

Very, very, very boring. Nothing else to say. Maybe in France…

2 Likes

At least the results made the standings more interesting. But I literally took a nap after the round of pits.

1 Like

No race this week, we have only this video

1 Like

Good news, the best track :+1:

2 Likes

I think if they get rid of Spa, I will seriously consider not caring about F1. Last awesome track left in my opinion, SIlverstone, Canada, Brasil and Japan are great tracks, but nowhere as good as the egendary tracks like Spa, Original Hockenheim and Imola. On another note, it is a pity Ferrari owns Mugello, because I think an F1 car around there would be phenomenal.

1 Like

Looks avarage, a lot of wierd corners, this wont be my favourite :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah. Very awkward track and seemingly only one potential passing spot for a modern F1 car. Let see what happens.

This is a not a surprise but at least the deal is done. Red Bull-Honda from 2019.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-racing-confirms-honda-f1-engine-deal-1046751/?s=1

Was just about to link an article about this. Interesting, Honda must have it sorted. May be it was all McLaren.

Surely it was McLaren’s fault. They always said they have the best chassis, with Renault they will be in the top teams. Since then they are fighting for the last point and gets beaten by Torro Rosso, Renault and every Renault engine team. And even by Sauber sometimes :smiley:
I just don’t want to see RB fall back because of Honda, this 3 way battle in 2019 is great. Even Renault can join the party next year if they finally manage to build a new mgu-k.

1 Like

Has McLaren really been that bad though? Vandoorne has taken a step back, or at least sideways, and is racing kinda horrible. He has most to do with their bad results. Before the last two races they were best of the rest and Alonso is still 7th in points after two retirements. I know I wasn’t expecting much more than that. Can always do better of course but (so far) up 4 spots in constructor’s and 8 spots in driver’s. Long way to go to write it in stone either way though.

And then who else did Red Bull have to choose from at this point? I hope Honda has indeed figured things out and proven something behind the scenes with Torro because like Butty is saying, the chance of having 6 racers potentially win most weekends has been infinitely more interesting! Needs to stay that way. But I’m not buying it as a vote of confidence just yet. Lots of changes next year either way. Any team has the potential to make big strides. Hope it gets even more fun!

2 Likes

Very good comments by you both. McLaren definitely further up the grid versus last year this time. Additionally, Williams made a statement ages ago that they had the same experience with Honda back in the day. Where they feel they sorted out all Honda’s issues, before Honda signed up with McLaren for the McLAren Honda golden era.

Has to be said tha tI expected more from McLAren, considering the pedigree of the team, however having to scrap your design for a new engine cannot be easy so late in last season. Still this is McLAren we talking about… but without Ron I suppose what do we expect.

2 Likes

Both Sauber beat the McLarens in qualy. Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: Leclerc in q3? I would be glad if he will replace Kimi in Ferrari.

2 Likes

Yup, I’m a jinx. Expect McLaren to go into freefall now lol.

2 Likes

I’m behind, just watched Monaco last night.

You need to be faster, there will three race weekends in a row from now on. Red Bull Ring in Austria next week and Silverstone in GB on the 8th of July. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am getting ready to was Canada now.

1 Like

Off topic, but I watch WTCR ( in previous years called WTCC, and I watch it because there is several hungarian drivers and a hungarian team as well) and this happened today. One more reason I hate streen circuits :smiley: The best hun driver (Michelisz) was in 3rd place when the big crash happened, he managed to reach the pit but his car damaged so much he could not attend the race restart. Sad. Also 10 other was out of the race :smiley:

Quite the accident.