It has arrived in my city. (Covid-19)

This is why I use Skype & Discord only.

Never heard of Zoom lol

Thought that was a character in The Flash or something. I use Amazon Chime only for video calls or similar.

1 Like

It was because of some influencers using it and it took off and then when the pandemic hit it exploded. What’s the point of yet another chat platform?

To grab some $$ of course

2 confirmed in my county in the last week and a half. Everybody be safe.

1 Like

Skip to 3:46 to skip the jibber jabber. It’s a long watch but worth it if you want to hear how the CCP really works. I’ve actually been following these channels for a few years now. Worth checking them out for more china info.

Channel names:
SerpentZA
Laowhy86
ADVChina
ADV Podcasts
China Uncensored

Hit 1000 deaths here in Michigan. Stay-at-home extended to April 30th. Stay safe folks!

1 Like

Few thousand folks, mostly of the lifted truck driving variety, descended on our capital today gridlocking the streets in protest of the governor’s actions during the second stage of the stay-at-home orders. Lots of small business owners/employees upset with what they see as overreach in the governor’s decisions of what is essential and non-essential. Doesn’t help that most people still haven’t gotten unemployment yet due to the website always crashing and delays in getting the COVID specific forms up (a lot of people were getting auto-rejected under the normal standards even though they should qualify under these circumstances). Was suppose to be a stay in your car protest for safety concerns, but still a couple hundred or more gathered on foot in front of the capitol building as well. Another wrinkle in this COVID adventure. Wacky times.

Stupid finds a way.

I just hope the people who gathered don’t catch anything, it’s cold out there today! Or you know, the whole COVID thing…

People are crazy…

1 Like

If you know anyone in a game studio, see if they’re looking for remote workers, My last paycheck came today and I’ve signed up for EI (which is peanuts compared to my normal paycheck). So I’m looking for remote work in the meantime.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gordon-jennings-42890a21/

5 Likes

You could ask Ubisoft. They have 190+ open job offers just only in Canada.

Yeah I’ve pretty much been exploring all the job seeking avenues. Figured posting on gx wouldn’t hurt.

Creepy

3 Likes

Not trying to be a dick, but this is so tipical american. I understand people not liking quarantine and losing jobs, me and my brother lost it as well and I feel I am at the end of my patience after 1 month at home but protesting against it is not helping at all. And the president is even encouraging them. We became so materialists I am almost rooting for the virus. Stay safe guys and be patient.

1 Like