Katsuo - 2018 Gamer Challenge

Finished Watch_Dogs 2. Fantastic game. HUGE improvement over the first one. And I have to say, Watch_Dogs 2 is one of the most visually appealing games I’ve ever played. The amount of detail Ubisoft has put into this game is insane. Not only that, the driving mechanics, gunplay, all the hacking hocus pocus and the storyline have been improved greatly. Combine all that with how it’s extremely well optimized…you get a full, pretty damn good triple A quality game. I have to say, I’m not a fan of the GTA-like gameplay but I enjoyed every second of WD2. So I recommend it to everyone. It has been on great sale recently. Definitely worth picking it up!

1 Like

shiftysatchmo everytime you launch the game they give you this really weird privacy notice that you have to accept in order to play online. Just feels more invasive than I’m used to. You’ll see when you play it.

1 Like

syncrosis like “you agree to give us your first born”?

Finished The Surge. Great game! Fantastic sci-fi RPG. Visually it might be the best Souls-like game. After Lords of the Fallen, I had some mixed feelings about The Surge, since LotF is a pile of trash that should be erased from existence. The Surge is the complete opposite from LotF. Great story, great music, absolutely fantastic visuals and the combat is fluid and heavy. What I didn’t like are the level designs. Levels are repetitive, sometimes some areas feel claustrophobic and sometimes there is no room for you to evade enemy attacks. Hopefully they’ll fix that in The Surge 2.
In the start, the game was hard as hell but over time, I have a feeling that the game loses quite a bit of difficulty. I know, I got stronger gear, weapon and all that but I have a feeling that the enemies get extra dumb, every time I get closer to the end game.
Boss fights are amazing. Some are easy, some are hell but I enjoyed fighting them every second. Especially the last boss fight. Overall, I gave it 8/10.

Thanks BamBam for the game!

1 Like

katsuo how long is it? DANTE got it for me and I want to play it after/if I ever beat RE7

shiftysatchmo ~20 hours.

1 Like

katsuo about 14 hours too long

1 Like

syncrosis you mean 19

Pigs :face_with_steam_from_nose:

2 Likes

Please play Nier:Automata

2 Likes

katsuo OMG Titanfall 2 is such an epic story! Cant wait to hear what you have to say about it!

fpsmadmedic said in Katsuo - 2018 Gamer Challenge:

katsuo OMG Titanfall 2 is such an epic story! Cant wait to hear what you have to say about it!

Titanfall 2 is my second favorite shooter. With R6 Siege being no. 1.
Titanfall 2 is amazing. Awesome story, smooth gameplay, legit fps. It’s underrated, unfortunately. Wish there’s a story expansion or something. I wish someone else got Respawn Entertainment. EA is incapable for anything. They will straight up ruin Titanfall 3 if it comes out.

2 Likes

katsuo might be the biggest zzzzzz statement of the year

syncrosis Did EA pay you to say that? Sellout

2 Likes

katsuo More like ZA

1 Like

katsuo yea the story deff left you feeling kinda empty in a way like it all just happened too fast but it was the most epic story I have played and I ran from start to finish on my first playthrough. . . I never do that lol

Do NOT play Virginia. It’s terrible.

1 Like

My past self agrees. I don’t remember when, but I clicked “Not Interested”.

1 Like

I wanted to play a “deep” indie game and I saw a lot of people recommending Virginia. I installed it, played it, cried how trashy it is.

2 Likes

Finished God Eater Resurrection on PC. As a PSP game, this game is amazing. And repetitive. And grindfest. And a lil bit of cringefest too. Story is pretty cool, music in this game is basically godlike, combat is deep and pretty slashy but the damn English voice acting makes me want to puke all the pukes of all pukes ever. I’m still figuring out how my ears aren’t bleeding by now how bad the voice acting is in the game. Another con would be the repetitiveness of the fighting areas. There are like 4 areas where you kill monsters and that’s about it. It gets boring and repetitive but eh, I suppose I shouldn’t expect more from a PSP game.
I gave it an 8/10. I finished it in about 20ish hours without doing any side missions which are basically nothing but a grindy bore to kill time and obtain materials for new weapons. I would recommend it only if you find somewhere the Japanese version of the game. Save your ears, people!

1 Like