partnering with other sites

Hi all,

Apparently we are at a point where the occasional site reaches out and offers to partner with us. I initially had no plans to do anything like this, since the main goal here was to have a nice free space for all of us.

Since I don’t want to be the dictator of what occurs, I wanted to pose it to you all. What do you think? Should I look into some of these partners and see what they can offer? Or do we want to stay small and independent?

I vote small and independent. We have a nice vibe here! The more complicated (or popular) a site becomes, the more it ends up sucking. Leads to drama and legal action!

4 Likes

Unless you get some crazy offer. Then sell out.

3 Likes

Depends why they want to partner. Either way it probably won’t get in the way of my usual posting… so most likely I don’t care lol

4 Likes

I have to agree with ShiftySatchmo . But I also want to see why they want to partner. Are we that cool?

If they are offering chilly dogs then I’m totally down!! If not I’m Impartial.

4 Likes

Katsuo said in partnering with other sites:

I have to agree with ShiftySatchmo . But I also want to see why they want to partner. Are we that cool?

Not sure. I haven’t replied to them yet :smiley:

I think one benefit for having some types of partners would be to get more people in here. I am always down for a larger community.

I have to see what the terms of a partnership are, etc.

3 Likes

Because they want you to spend money on their product. Little do they know most of you are broke! XD

1 Like

Personally, I’d love to see more people here.

But I would not want to lose the vibe and camaraderie that we have now.

Would be interesting to see who, why and what if anything would change. If nothing would really change, and if they still let us be us, then I’d be fine with it, more people the better, we could meet new friends that might identify with us.

And chilly dogs would be good!

5 Likes

ShiftySatchmo said in partnering with other sites:

Because they want you to spend money on their product. Little do they know most of you are broke! XD

We aren’t broke! We are just saving money for the upcoming zombie apocalypse so we can’t afford to spend money on luxury, duuh.

2 Likes

Polekatt said in partnering with other sites:

Personally, I’d love to see more people here.

But I would not want to lose the vibe and camaraderie that we have now.

Would be interesting to see who, why and what if anything would change. If nothing would really change, and if they still let us be us, then I’d be fine with it, more people the better, we could meet new friends that might identify with us.

And chilly dogs would be good!

Yes, I think we can all agree on chili dogs

1 Like

Is there a lot of “guest” traffic here or something? Not to be rude, but I’m surprised this little “tribe” of lost souls is garnering attention from anybody!

I prefer the small crowds but I also frequent larger forums about various hobbies/interests and there’s upsides to more people and more discussions. More people always raises the chance of bad apples of course too. Maybe wait until the election cycle is over before pointing more curious eyes this way just to be safe. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

schlitty said in partnering with other sites:

Is there a lot of “guest” traffic here or something? Not to be rude, but I’m surprised this little “tribe” of lost souls is garnering attention from anybody!

I prefer the small crowds but I also frequent larger forums about various hobbies/interests and there’s upsides to more people and more discussions. More people always raises the chance of bad apples of course too. Maybe wait until the election cycle is over before pointing more curious eyes this way just to be safe. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Rule 1 is don’t be a dick, so I assume that is why we don’t talk about politics on here XD

3 Likes

We mostly talk about video games and hardware, so there’s likely a large amount of traffic sent here via google searches.

4 Likes

gord0 said in partnering with other sites:

We mostly talk about video games and hardware, so there’s likely a large amount of traffic sent here via google searches.

It’s true. My friend told me he searched the ewin racing chair and this site came up before theirs haha.

1 Like

If and or when we partner, just keep the padded room for us originals… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ub6 said in partnering with other sites:

If and or when we partner, just keep the padded room for us originals… :slight_smile:

Yeah! Make the padded room only visible and accessible to those of us here now, and when you do ranks, or titles or whatever, give us the option to use founding member or something like that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Polekatt said in partnering with other sites:

Ub6 said in partnering with other sites:

Yeah! Make the padded room only visible and accessible to those of us here now, and when you do ranks, or titles or whatever, give us the option to use founding member or something like that. :slight_smile:

I do probably need to do that :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Personally, I think it can be great. The best thing is that as your not actively looking to make money from GX, you can be as harsh with the stipulations for any agreement you like. Just be honest with them and tell them we are happy being small and mostly drama free. Point them to rule numero uno and see what they have to say. You’d actually be surprised that companies and sites like little groups like ours as they can see we are generally quite close and friendly and they feel they would stand a better chance of getting a real opinion on things here, rather than just a fan girl opinion.

Personally, I would see what they have to offer and what they want. The amount of options is endless, they may just want to have certain things posted, in return for posting the GX link on their site or Blog. I could go on for days about what ifs and maybes, lol.

I’m far from an expert but do have some experience in similar matters so feel free to shoot me a message at any time if you’d like.

2 Likes

LetsGetIt1220 said in partnering with other sites:

Personally, I think it can be great. The best thing is that as your not actively looking to make money from GX, you can be as harsh with the stipulations for any agreement you like. Just be honest with them and tell them we are happy being small and mostly drama free. Point them to rule numero uno and see what they have to say. You’d actually be surprised that companies and sites like little groups like ours as they can see we are generally quite close and friendly and they feel they would stand a better chance of getting a real opinion on things here, rather than just a fan girl opinion.

Personally, I would see what they have to offer and what they want. The amount of options is endless, they may just want to have certain things posted, in return for posting the GX link on their site or Blog. I could go on for days about what ifs and maybes, lol.

I’m far from an expert but do have some experience in similar matters so feel free to shoot me a message at any time if you’d like.

But has anyone offered you chili dogs? That’s what we’re after

4 Likes