sYnCroSis *** September Gaming Challenge

I think I liked the theme in Infinite more than in the other Bioshock games. And I also think that Bioshock 2 was the worst in the series. I don’t know, something didn’t click right in B2 when I played it. B1 was so much better. Also, I didn’t play the DLCs in Infinite mainly because they cost more than my kidney. :confused:

1 Like

katsuo it probably felt different because 1 & 3 were made by what’s his face and 2 wasn’t. Also, in 2 you play as an OP smash machine. I remember I never felt any scares or tension like you feel in 1 because you are the big thing that kills everything will a drill.

1 Like

I liked all of them…in fact I marathoned them all within the last year. Including Minerva’s Den and Burrial At Sea.

2 Likes

gord0 yeah, I wouldn’t say any of them are bad or anything.

shiftysatchmo stop playing on easy like teh_g rofl waffle

2 Likes

syncrosis the only people I know who play on easy are teh_g and Katsuo

1 Like

shiftysatchmo said in sYnCroSis *** September Gaming Challenge:

syncrosis the only people I know who play on easy are teh_g and Katsuo

Casuals!

2 Likes

gord0 filthy casuals

1 Like

shiftysatchmo I don’t play games on easy, you hairy donut

1 Like

katsuo cough everspace

1 Like

shiftysatchmo Everspace is something entirely different, even I do some run on easy to collect credits, because the start is awful :smiley:

buttstallion The problem with Everspace sometimes is that it can get “empty” if you are playing it on normal or even hard. There are more enemies to destroy on easy difficulty. I thought killing other jerks is what the game is about :confused:

katsuo wrong, it’s about exploration, finding new planets and creatures, naming them, and never seeing them agaaaaiinnn! Wait…what?

2 Likes

syncrosis Did you just…described No Man’s Sky? XD

4 Likes

katsuo it being empty has nothing to do with the difficulty level, it’s the threat level. ButtStallion you earn fewer credits on easy XD Easy mode is easier, it’s not different from other games. Using easy mode to get credits means you think it’s too hard to level up on normal or hard :wink:

ShiftySatchmo Well please explain then why are enemies appearing in much larger group when I get into a new area when I put the game on easy difficulty? And yes, the threat level is usually low. And 25% less credits ain’t that much of a loss if you barely get credits anyway. On top of that…Hard difficulty is literally the same as easy. Maybe, you get your shield depleted faster and that’s about it.

katsuo it’s procedurally generated so any area can have more enemies on any mode. It says a whole list of what makes easy mode easier, and it’s not just damage. Enemy types and such too :kiss:

It’s ok, you can defend and justify playing on easy all you want. You just can’t make fun of teh_g now, which sucks because it’s a lot of fun.

Whoops, we took over joshes topic hehehe. In conclusion: I’m just joking for fun and I don’t care how people play games as long as they think it’s fun! Weeeeeeeeeee

syncrosis said in sYnCroSis *** September Gaming Challenge:

Just finished Bioshock Infinite for the 2nd time.

Honestly, I know it’s a good game, but it’s not my favorite… I think it’s my least favorite of the series. I love Rapture and the way 1 and 2 came together. Truthfully, I’m the outlier outside of Katsuo in that I like Part 2 the most.

I’ll state basic positives before what issues I had. Songbird is cool, the skyline is cool, beautiful graphics, solid voice acting, and a cool story (although it felt like it jumped around a bit).

…Infinite, seemed to last infinitely long… it was like Peter Jackson made the game. It didn’t have to be 12-14 hours long… would have been fine at 8 or 9. It just didn’t want to end and all the dragging out made it painful and one of those “I just need to frickin grind it out and finish this game” type of experiences. Also, I was bored with Columbia. It got repetitive, whereas Rapture seems to have a ton of mystery and is intriguing. Lastly, the weapons and powers in Infinite seem like an afterthought. There’s a machine gun, repeater, and burst gun, all look identical but have a different rate of fire… REALLY?! I’m going to give it a 7/10.

NOW, that being said, ShiftySatchmo bought me the DLC’s and I’ve played through all of the Bioshock’s to get back in the swing and fully enjoy the DLC’s. I will say off the bat, 20 minutes into Burial at Sea: Episode 1, I already know it’s much better than Infinite. Seeing Rapture prior to the collapse is awesome, and it has a great noir feel to it. Really excited to play through it.

So… Does this mean I can start finishing games again?

As for the Bioshock debate I would say the first one is my favourite, then Bioshock 2 followed by Infinite. I haven’t played the Infinite DLC but I’m putting Bioshock 2 slightly ahead of Infinite because of the Minerva’s Den DLC. Some of the best DLC out there.

mylifeforaiur play the DLC damn it.

1 Like