The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

1 Like

I beat this with @teh_g. It was the best one of the three so far, no doubt. I’d say Until Dawn is still the best game they’ve made though. This one wasn’t scary, it was more like an action sci-fi, but it was well done. It is nice they ditched the fixed cameras for an over the shoulder style. Anyhoo, the story and characters were good. It made you care about what happened more than the other two in the series. I’d definitely play it again to see what else could happen. Another cool thing is it didn’t have any bugs like Little Hope did haha. About 5 hours to beat it.

3 Likes

I did play it again to see what else could happen, and I would play it again to see what else could happen.

There was only one time that it had a game breaking bug like little hope.

1 Like

I beat this game yesterday. I had it running smoothly with max settings (hdr on, full rtx) at 2160p>60 (usually in the 70s and 80s). My only gripes were you had to launch the game from the game’s page in your library because that’s the only way it will ask you if you want to play with dx11 or dx12. RTX is disabled in dx 11 mode. Right clicking the tray icon will just launch in dx11 mode without asking. The other gripe is one that I’ve had with all of these games: that low res, low quality, pixelated, low fps intro vid. After that video and everything switches over to in-engine rendering it looks 1000% better. It’s the equivalent of having a multi-million dollar car and one of the doors isn’t painted.
All that said, it was really fun. Recommended!

1 Like